Intern Candidate Profile
A qualified candidate for an internship must:
- sense the call of God to training and service
- have the support of their local church to receive the training
- exhibit gift in the areas of teaching, preaching, evangelism, or pastoral work
- meet the character qualities of an elder as outlined in Titus 1:6-14 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- attend a church which practices the principles of the New Testament
- have previous experience in teaching and preaching
- have experience serving in the church
- have made good use of opportunities within the local church for training
- be proficient in English
- be prepared to work hard, live sacrificially, and take direction
- be in general agreement with the doctrinal statement of the DITP. See Doctrinal Statement.
- share the conviction of the instructors that the local church is at the center of God’s strategy
for the furtherance of the gospel and the care of the saints
Those interested in applying for an internship should go to the Application page and fill out a complete application. Processing typically requires eight weeks. Class size is limited to eight interns. Internships are filled on a first come, first served basis. Applicants may apply up to three years in advance of training.